I NEED my bed back..lol

ok so im about 6 months pregnant and my almost 2 year old will NOT sleep in his own bed he has to sleep with my husband and i! we have tried letting him cry in his room but he never stops he cried for almost 2 hours the last time we tried that..and if he falls alseep and we put him into his bed he will be fine until he rolls over and sees that he is alone..does anyone have any suggestions to help him sleep in his own bed cuz now that my belly is getting bigger and bigger i NEED my bed back lol

thanks!!!

MomOfTwo2010

Asked by MomOfTwo2010 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we recently got ds a toddler bed and pulled it up next to ours, now it's like a really big family bed, so far he's sleeping great in "his bed" if that's an option for you, it might help him transition to his own bed in his own room
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• We let our LO sleep in his bed next to ours also. It worked well for us.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Maybe try putting up a chart, with a reward system? Like for every full week he stays in his bed, he gets something that he usually doesn't get (McDonald's for dinner, or some candy, et cetera). Make a game out of it!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I would put his toddler bed next to urs if ur room is big enough and slowly move it to his room maybe after a week or 2 move it to the hallway or outside ur door then next to his bedroom door then to his room maybe that will help good luck.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, try a chart and rewards. It is tough. That is why I put all three of my babies in their cribs from day ONE. They never slept with us. I need my sleep and so do they.My daughter is still stuck with kids in her bed because she hates to hear them cry. She is too much of a softie.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2009