What time does/do your kid(s) go to bed?

Do they have a bed time? Are they allowed to stay up and read/play/watch tv if they're not tired?
My DD goes to bed whenever she's tired, but she's still a baby (almost six months old) and my husband and I have never been ones for routine! When I was young, my bed time was 8pm sharp. When I got older, I didn't have a bed time (it's hard to enforce a bed time on a teenager, haha!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They are allowed to stay up on the weekends but they're getting on my nerves so they are about to head upstairs right now!..lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my 10 and 9 year old go to bed at 9pm the other 8 go to bed at 8pm
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 9:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• 8;30, except for my toddler. She usually goes down around 9 or 10.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• ihave10kids: more power to you! I sometimes feel like I can barely handle the one I've got (she's teething right now)!!!

Anonymous

• My DD is three her bathtime is 8:00 pm and then straight to bed after that, routines are really important for children even at six months. I am study psychology and have taken some courses on child development, and they all agree that routines are really good for all children.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My 1 and 3 yr olds go to bed between 7 - 7:30. I do make exceptions to the rule for visiting or whatnot but if the 1 yr old hasn't taken a nap that day then 7 it is, no matter what other people want.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 9:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• PsychMommie: OP here. Routines don't work for us, we've tried! DH works nights, I work days, so we manage things in any way we can!
    Anonymous

• 1-2am, he wont let me sleep :(
    Anonymous

• Anon :49- that's horrible, I'm sorry!
    Anonymous

• My son is almost 2 and his bedtime is 7pm. He no longer naps, so he is good and ready for bed by the time 7pm comes around. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009