Horrible back pain everyday...in need of a break already!

I'm almost 20 weeks along and I have a 2 year old with autism. My back pain usually isn't too horrible...until I pick him up. I wish I never had to pick him up for the sake of my back. But, that's not an option. For 1, he is still in a crib and hasn't figured out how to climb in it by himself (Thankfully!)...and for 2 if there are too many people around he will break down and go completely limp until I remove him from the situation due to his autism. I really need a way to get a little relief so I can get through the next 20 weeks a little easier. Any ideas? It's about to make me go crazy. I'm not one to complain about a lot usually, but this pain gets so bad sometimes I can barely walk...let alone care for my 2 year old. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm pregnant and have a 3 year old and 18 month old that I have to pick up way more than my body wants me too. My pain is in my ligaments across my abdomen though, instead of my back. But each time I have to pick one of the kids up the pain gets a little bit worse. I start off the mornings feeling ok, but the more I have to pick them up the worse the pain gets.

The only thing you can do is bend at the knees and distribute more of the weight into your legs, never bend at the waste with back pain.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2009