Would you please pray for my mother and stepfather

My stepfather has alzeihmers.He still knows who eveyone is most of the time.But sometimes he doesn't and gets angry at my mom.He hit my mom for the first time yesterday in the chest and wouldn't let her go.Thank god my sister was there to stop it.My mom scratched his face up pretty bad.After he washed his face off he threw the bloody rag at my mom and said that the next time she did that it would be her last.Today it's like everythings just fine to him.No mention of why his face is messed up and my mom hasn't told him what he did.My mom is refusing to put him in a home or anything because he still knows alot.Could any of you please pray for my mother's protection.And for my stepfather to stay in his right mind so he dosen't hurt anyone or himself.He was and is a good man and he did adore my mother before all this happened.Thanks:)

KzaM4Infinity

Asked by KzaM4Infinity at 9:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• prayingMy heart goes out to all of your family. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I lift them up to the Lord. If you need to talk PM me.

ifollowjesus

Answer by ifollowjesus at 9:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Dear lord, we pray protection over this family, please bring peace and understanding to this situation. Please allow the love that once flowed through this couple to flow though yet again. Thank you for all that you have done for them. Bless them. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My Grandmother was violent also. My Mom hated to but she had to put her in a nursing home. She would get rough with the nurses too. Before she started showing signs of it she was the sweetest woman in the world, and would never even raise her voice. When the Alzheimers began she would get so angry. I hope your Mom can find the strength to get help, she needs it. It's not a bad thing to get help or find a safe place for your stepfather. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:15 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• prayers for you and your family.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 10:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• terrifying.. i'm so sorry your family is going through this. You should do some reading on dementia and maybe have him see a doctor. Your mom , nothing will happen to her that isn't decreed for her. Hopefully she will be safe and your stepfather too. Maybe she can get some help around the house that will allow her to take care of him while have some needed protection if this happens again.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Praying right now

"Father I pray for this family. You know what a devistating disease this is and how hard it is for the caretakers.  Lord I pray that you would keep this woman safe.  Lord if her husband needs to go to a facility then I pray that you would make it clear to his wife and that you would guide her to the best one.  Father a place where her husband will be safe and cared for.  Father bring support around them, you know the need the most.  Guard this wife in her spirit too Father.  Her heart must break at this disease.  Father if there is more his doctor can do please put it in the doctor's heart to offer and the wife's heart to accept.  Thank you Father for caring for us."

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2009