At what age do the 1st teeth grow in?

I have an 8 month old who is extremely cranky and I can't figure out why.... HELP!!

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 9:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends...all mine were different. are her gums swollen?
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 10:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i think the average age is between 6-8 months, but my daughter didnt get her first tooth until 11 months. it can vary anywhere from 3 - 16 months. she is 15 months now. she has 3 on top, and 3 on the bottom. the 4th top and bottom are just breaking through the gum.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• They don't look swollen. and i felt them and didnt feel anything sharp like teeth poking through
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• hmm...idk she may just be in a bad mood
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 10:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my dd's doc said they can get teeth any where from birth to 15months...my dd didnt get her first tooth til she was 9months...she is 14months now and only has 4 on top and 2 on bottom..her gums have been swollen for about a month or 2 and she has her cranky spells....but she still hasnt got anymore teeth!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• DD is 8 months too. was cranky ALLLL day today also... until i was feeding her and noticed that her 2 bottom teeth are breaking through.
    Anonymous

• my 6 month old is getting her 2 bottom front teeth now. she has been drooling and using teething ring or whatever the finds to chew on it for a couple months now.
    heatherkrigbaum

Answer by heatherkrigbaum at 10:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Every baby is different. My friends 8 month old already has 7 teeth. I think my sons first 2 came in around 8 or 9. Id have to check his book to tell you for sure. And then at about 10 in a half months his top two and now hes 11months and has two more on the top. But I have heard of babies not getting their teeth until later. I would check if the gums are swollen or look like they have white bumps under the skin. Teething tablets work great or try a cold teething ring and see if that helps the pain any.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my son got his first teeth at 4 months and some of my nieces and nephews were after a year. it all depends
    Satans_Queen

Answer by Satans_Queen at 11:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My son was 6 months, I'm sure yours is probably teething.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009