Abortion coverage excluded from Health Care Bill

The House just passed an amendment taking abortion coverage out of the health care bill...

Live coverage on CNN right now...

Does this amendment have any impact on your feelings?

Asked by gdiamante at 10:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Unless it is medicall necessary, Then I think it is great!!! Too many women not making resposnibal choices and then having an abortion...
    Anonymous

• no. it doesn't.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I thought the dems were saying the Reps/GOP were full of sh!t and that there was NO fed money for abortions in their bill already so what gives?
    Anonymous

• It restricts a legal medical procedure for women who have less money It is not ok

Anonymous

• LOVE IT personally
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I am with the Anon....How can they take out something that THEY said wasn't there?? If nothing else it should make EVERYONE question what ELSE they are saying is not in the bill that really IS!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Unless an abortion is medically necessary to preserve the mother's life, it should not be covered under an insurance policy.

I'm pro-choice, but I don't think I should have to pay higher premiums for someone's poor choice.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 10:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• It was already excluded in the bill.

The republican amendment would have also extended to any private insurer who was part of the exchange which is why it was shut down
    Anonymous

• I'm pro-choice, but would rather pay for a woman's prenatal care than pay for her abortion. If she wants an abortion that is not medically necessary, she can pay for it herself.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i am pro-choice. they will give you a free abortion at planned parenthood .. probably because young girls will have their boyfriends punch them or kick them in the stomach to kill the baby, or use a wire hanger if theyre afraid to tell their parents, and want to get an abortion..
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2009