How often do you brush your child's teeth?

...if they are too young to brush themselves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• When my son was little we brushed them in the morning, and before bed. We tried to make sure we brushed them after lunch, but honestly more often than not we forgot about that one, lol.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• all my kids brush themselves except the quads twice a day or more but i brush all 4 of my 3 y/os teeth 2 or more
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 10:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I brush my 20 months old once in the morning.
    Anonymous

• Twice a day--morning and night. My oldest daughter has hypocalcification of her tooth enamel so she usually brushes three times a day.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i have always done my daughters twice a day (even before she had teeth) shes 5 now and sometimes she does it herself...but more times than not, i do it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• HOW OFTEN DO U BRUSH YOURS?? THIS A DUMB QUESTION. YOU SHOULD CLEAN UR KIDS GUMS B4 FOR THEY HAVE TEETH TOO. BRUSH UR KIDS TEETH EVERY DAY LIKE URS. Y WOULD YOU BRUSH IT ANY LESS? GO TALK TO THEIR DENTIST

what a nasty heffer ! my goodness. some women are just annoying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• When mine were that age we did twice to three times a day. When they were babies, I would do it after feeding them too, it was easy to clean the face and "brush" the gums next.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My 9 year old brushes her own, of course. I brush my 4 year old's teeth at night, and sometimes in the morning.. He tries to do it himself, but it's too hard still.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My son is three and we have been brushing them since they first came in. At first taking a cloth and just gently wiping them. Then later a tooth brush. For as long as he has had been able to hold a toothbrush he has brushed his teeth. I come along after him and brush again to make sure we get what we need to. His toothbrush sings and he loves that. We also brush our teeth together as a family and he does his best to copy how we brush ours. Twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening. I also send a toothbrush to school and have him brush right after lunch. He does a good job brushing but even at three I need to assist in brushing to reduce his chances of cavities. Better to assist him after than to have to hold him down while they drill to fill a cavity. OUCH.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Every day. Once in the morning and once after bath. They are 3 and 4 yrs old. When they are a bit older, I will have them do it after each meal.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2009