i want to leave my fiance

He is both emotionally and physically abusive to my 3 y/o ds and now we have a 3 m/o dd. How do I get away? I have no money or job... Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Please call 1−800−799−SAFE(7233). They should be able to give you information to contact a local domestic violence shelter. Once you and your kids are safely away from this animal, then you can worry about the logistics. Good luck hon!
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• they have places for abused mothers. its a shelter look it up. Even if he isnt doing it to you they may help and they should talk to a dss worker and see what they can do
    Anonymous

• You need to find a shelter in your area. Call 211....it's a nationwide hotline for social services and they can direct you to a shelter in your area.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Go stay with family and get a job...or get a job and then leave. The hardest part is walking away. My mom raised me and my sister on her own, and it was hard...but not imposible
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• i tried telling my sis to go to a shelter but she is too proud she would rather be abused...please just go
    Anonymous

• a shelter will help you get your life put back together and help you get out on your own
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Get out now, no excuses. Pave the way for your kids and you to have a healthy life. The sooner you go the better. Dont wait for it to get worse, and escalate. It is your responsibility to protect your children and allowing your son to be abused, in my opinion, is just as bad as doing it yourself. Your son needs a mother who will do what is right for him, no matter how hard it is for you.
    I am so not trying to bash, just telling you the reality, IMO.
    If I could help you guys out in anyway, I would. I lost a friend to MURDER by an abusive husband. He snapped one night, and instead of beating her, he stabbed her repeatedly. THANK GOD they didnt; have kids cuz he would have gotten them after he went out of prison. God help and bless you and your innocent, helpless babies.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Call the Women's Crisis Center. They can help you make a plan, how to leave, what to take, what legal steps to take, even where to go.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2009