Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want to leave my fiance

He is both emotionally and physically abusive to my 3 y/o ds and now we have a 3 m/o dd. How do I get away? I have no money or job... Thanks

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • Please call 1−800−799−SAFE(7233). They should be able to give you information to contact a local domestic violence shelter. Once you and your kids are safely away from this animal, then you can worry about the logistics. Good luck hon!

    Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • they have places for abused mothers. its a shelter look it up. Even if he isnt doing it to you they may help and they should talk to a dss worker and see what they can do

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • You need to find a shelter in your area. Call's a nationwide hotline for social services and they can direct you to a shelter in your area.

    Answer by gdiamante at 10:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • Go stay with family and get a job...or get a job and then leave. The hardest part is walking away. My mom raised me and my sister on her own, and it was hard...but not imposible

    Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 10:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • i tried telling my sis to go to a shelter but she is too proud she would rather be abused...please just go

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • a shelter will help you get your life put back together and help you get out on your own

    Answer by shay1130 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • Get out now, no excuses. Pave the way for your kids and you to have a healthy life. The sooner you go the better. Dont wait for it to get worse, and escalate. It is your responsibility to protect your children and allowing your son to be abused, in my opinion, is just as bad as doing it yourself. Your son needs a mother who will do what is right for him, no matter how hard it is for you.
    I am so not trying to bash, just telling you the reality, IMO.
    If I could help you guys out in anyway, I would. I lost a friend to MURDER by an abusive husband. He snapped one night, and instead of beating her, he stabbed her repeatedly. THANK GOD they didnt; have kids cuz he would have gotten them after he went out of prison. God help and bless you and your innocent, helpless babies.

    Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • Call the Women's Crisis Center. They can help you make a plan, how to leave, what to take, what legal steps to take, even where to go.

    Answer by robyann at 9:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.