Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone know what vitiligo is? Is there ceams that can help it?

Answer Question

Asked by jen2330 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Vitiligo is the loss of pigmentation in your skin. It is supposedly what Michael Jackson had. I don't know if you've ever seen someone with what looks like dark and light patches of skin all over their body but that's usually what vitiligo looks like. I do believe there are creams that help bleaching is what MJ supposedly used so that his skin tone wasn't all patchy and uneven. A dermotologist would be the one to ask.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • I do know what vitaligo is, and no, I don't believe there are creams that can help it, b/c it is a failure of the liver to produce skin pigment. It isn't a skin problem itself.

    Answer by Iskkra at 10:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

  • I have it and nothing I have tried has showed enough change to continue doing it.

    Answer by Gealach at 11:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.