does anyone know what vitiligo is? Is there ceams that can help it?

jen2330

Asked by jen2330 at 10:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Health

• Vitiligo is the loss of pigmentation in your skin. It is supposedly what Michael Jackson had. I don't know if you've ever seen someone with what looks like dark and light patches of skin all over their body but that's usually what vitiligo looks like. I do believe there are creams that help it...skin bleaching is what MJ supposedly used so that his skin tone wasn't all patchy and uneven. A dermotologist would be the one to ask.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I do know what vitaligo is, and no, I don't believe there are creams that can help it, b/c it is a failure of the liver to produce skin pigment. It isn't a skin problem itself.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 10:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Anonymous

• I have it and nothing I have tried has showed enough change to continue doing it.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 11:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2009