He wants to just stay engaged.... forever? WTF?

He said he does want to but we get more benefits unmarried. Since we aren't married I'm considered a single mom with no job, even though I live with him, so I get whatever I want as far as assistance. Sure it's kind of cool but it's also pretty cool to be married.

If Isaid we are getting married tomorrow he would be happy about it but he isn't really pushing to do it now.

Should I say we are doing it or or just wait for a while? (we have already been together almost 4 years)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• A big question for me would be, if you got married would you have medical insurance? Being a single mom you can get Medicaid. I know lots of people think this is wrong, but IMO, having medical insurance is VERY important. You have made the commitment to each other in your hearts. In these hard financial times I feel you have to do what you have to do to survive. JMO
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• First of all your lieing to get the assistance, your not single mom your a mom who is playing the system. I am sorry but I dont agree with it and it really sucks for families who cant get help because here you are saying your a single mom when you really arent. Thats just my thought. But I think you should look at it as that also.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 11:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• She's not lying.
    Before DH and I were married my daughter got medicaid and wic, even though the case worker KNEW we lived with him and he had a decent job.
    Anonymous

• Well you werent considerd a signal mom you were a family of 3 who needed the help. Am I right? Its different when your a family living together and all you arent counted like a signal mom your a family that would need help. about the man not wanting to marry because of the benfits I think is wrong. Now if your married and you can get them then you became a family that needs help. Not a big deal but not to marry because of it is wrong.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 11:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• he is right...if i knew i could've had all my college fully paid for before i got married i would not have gotten married when i did...i would've waited. I'm happy but there are way more benefits for people who are single. Why not take advantage of it...everyone else does.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• I wouldnt want to wait. You don't not get married b/c of financial reasons. I would question his motive on that. My husband could not wait to get married. He knew I was the one for him. IF you are confident that that is all it is, I guess it would just depend on you. Why wouldn't he want to take care of you and provide for you instead of just being a lazy ass and letting the government do it?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• jackiegirl is right though...maybe he is being insecure about what he is able to bring to your future
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 7, 2009