My sisster's baby is 6 week's old and her doctor say's that he will get 3 shot's 1 in his leg, 1 in the arm and 1 in the butt is that crazy or what ???

i have 4 kid's and when they got there 6 week shot's they were all i one and they did it in there upper thigh has anyone ever herd of babies getting shot's that way befor ??

amandatyler23

Asked by amandatyler23 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope, all my babies got 2 in each leg and one oral
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 11:06 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• my kids got 2 one in each leg and my ds also got the oral.i think she needs to change doctors
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• yeah two in each leg for my son.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• My sons got two in each leg and the oral but now with my daughter it was one in one leg and two in the other because Hep B is now combined with another shot, plus the oral.
    Anonymous

• my daughter has always gotten 3 total. 1 in one thigh and 2 in the other and then the oral. Poor kid will be sore all over. That just does not sound right.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• YOu dont have to go by the reccommendations. With my youngest I decided to wait until she was 2 to vax.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• My daughter got vaxed two weeks ago and it was two in one leg one in the other and one oral
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• What are they getting orally nowadays? I thought they quit giving the oral polio years ago since it was causing the ONLY cases of polio in the US. That being said you can space them out and only give one at a time, but just going by what is recommended in our state for school they should be getting 3 shots at their 2, 4, 6 month visits. Most people I know the docs give them 2 in one leg and one in the other not the leg, arm, and butt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• The RotaTeq is oral.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• my daughter got hers this week, it was 2 in one thigh, 1 in the other, and 1 in the mouth. She never got a fever, she was grumpy at me all day after that but the next morning she woke up and was all smiles again. I touched her legs to see if she reacted like it hurt and nothing.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2009