About Siberian Husky puppy's personality??

Hi, I bought 6-7 weeks old Husky, which I haven't taken home yet since she's too small and still a baby.

I went to the breeder of my puppy just to visit my pup, but I noticed that my puppy is very quite, barely moves, and inactive.
Is that normal? I was so worried about her.

And she had her first bath today while I was there.
After the shower, she was crying and shaking for about 20mins.
I put her on the floor so she can walk and play, but
she really didn't walk(just sitting), and didn't act to my call for her.

It's my first puppy, so I'm very concerned.
Also, I saw my puppy's parents, and I didn't like the way her mom looked. It was a Husky, but didn't exactly look like the one I want.
Is there still a chance that the Husky baby I bought going to look gorgeous, unlike her mom?
(The dad looked good though)

Any advice?
Thank you so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2009 in Pets

• do they have papers? you oculd look them up online
    Anonymous

• If you're worried about the inactivity, take the puppy to a vet for a check up.

Are they registered?
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 11:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• Oh, you're in for a surprise if you bought a full-blooded Husky!! I truly think that God made Huskies so beautiful just so people could forgive how crazy they are! Your little pup may be putting on a show and may seem shy, but I'd be willing to bet that a few months down the road you'll have a real energetic pooch on your hands. Do some research online, you'll see that most folks say Huskies are a real handful. Either way, she'll be you baby. They LOVE to RUN and can jump any fence you put between them and wherever they want to go!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• [This is original poster]

Well, I contacted the breeder on the local newspaper. My pup is CKC( a little bit disappointed since I wanted AKC), and got the first shots and stuff. The breeder is not specialized only for the Huskies, but some other breeds as well.

And when I meant the appearance of the mommy Husky, she didn't quite look like the purebred "Husky" like the daddy Husky.

Thanks for all of your replies.
    I do appreciate 'em!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I would not be looking so much at the ckc versus AKc because there is more to the breeding then that and so many back yard breeders can say that their pups are AKC it does not mean you are getting a well bred dog. I would ask a ton of questions. If it is a good breeder you should get the right answers and a well breed dog.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• This breeder has MAJOR "backyard breeder" red flags going up! A CKC registration is worthless, breeding more then one MAYBE 2 breeds of dogs is NOT a good sign at all.
    I would keep looking, save up a little money to go to a good breeder and be patient... Good things come to those who wait!

Check this post out about what to look for in a breeder:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/95538/forums/read/7279876/What_makes_a_Reputable_Breeder_Read_if_you_are_looking_for_a_dog_or_thinking_about_breeding_your_dog

If the mother doesn't have the look you want there's a good chance your pup won't either.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• The link was too long, try this: Reputable Breeders

Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Huskys are active even as puppies. Had the puppy been recently wormed or medicated? The bath may have scared him but ive never known a shy husky pup. They are beautiful dogs and great inside the house! Very mannered. but they do scale fences and they are very active, require brushing often because they shed.

Id definitely check some more into that breeder. Doesnt sound very reputable.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I say if you have any doubts, find another breeder.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 5:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2009