Do you have HPV?

Before my husband and I got together, I had been negative for any STDs. Then we got together and got pregnant and got married. I know that he had been with a lot of women before me, but I never had him tested. After I had my daughter, I was tested because it's procedure, and I found out that I had HPV (Human Papilloma Virus). This is embarressing to talk to with anyone and my husband does not want to talk about it. What have you experienced having this? I don't know how it's going to affect me.

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Health

• HPV: Get The Facts      Learn what you need to know about HPV. Get the facts; ease your mind.

Answer by vbruno at 6:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I believe you should look this up further online - I think HPV is one of those that you can test negative for for years, and also men can be carriers from their mom having it, it's the one that causes cervical cancer. I'd say do more research before making it a big deal of blaming it on your husband . . . JMO.

• Thanks vbruno for that information... I looked at the website and I feel much better. And anonymous... thanks for nothing for being so sensitive to my feelings!