What do you think drives a person to be so violent?

Like people that torture and kill animals, or those people you hear about that rape and kill babies or there wives and children. what gets a person to this point? i know that it is sometimes the fact they where abused themselves but they don't always have evidence of this.

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 12:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I personally think its a combination of mental illness, and the violent movies/shows.
    Anonymous

• What drives a person to be so violent? HUMAN NATURE. Every human being on this planet has the capability of being violent. It's survival of the fittest and everyone has the instinct to do whatever they have to do to survive....or what they THINK they need to do to survive. Why do women freak out and kill their husbands who have abused them for twenty years throughout the course of a marriage? Because of their need to survive. And the need and want for power and control. People want to be in control of their life...in control of a situation....some more so than others....and some people don't have the ability to censor what they need to do to gain that control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think its a combination of Nature and Nurture. Meaning that its both human nature as stated above and their Sociological factors, such as upbringing, socio-economic standing etc....
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I feel that something made that person want to hurt another being.Alot of the times I think they are mentally sick
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2009