Parenting Book as a Gift?

So I love my SIL to death and think shes a great parent but I just went thru a parenting course and it had a lot of great information- what I was considering is copying the information (have permission to copy) and then adding other fun things like lists of rainy day activities, recipes for homemade playdough etc, frugality tips etc. Being a mom of 3 for 7 years i have picked up a few things - though I am always learning LOL and thought it would have been nice to get something like this- Do you thinks its a good idea?

Jezture

Asked by Jezture at 12:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• That is such a cute idea! It'd be nice, too, to put a "chapter" in there called "Date Night" and then on one of the pages, stick a gift card to eat out.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think it's a great idea. And you could always explain why you did it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• It depends on her. Would it offend her and make her think you're saying she isn't a good mom? It wouldn't me if I received it but some people it might. Might say "I know you're an amazing mother and I had so much fun in this class I thought you might love it too."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Well my husband brought that concern up to and I was planning on writing a nice letter to her explaining that it was a great class and I got a lot out of it and then added more information- like rainy day activities and such that might be fun and helpful as a newer mom. Emphasizing that I already think shes doing a great job.
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 1:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think that's an awesome idea!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Man, now I wish I had mommy friends to do this for...
    sweetphoenix529

• I want one!! lol I say go for it
    JennBear54

Answer by JennBear54 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I get offended! but thats just me. what about not calling it a parenting book? just call it "Activities to do with your kids" ?
    Anonymous

• Thats a good idea Anon9:30 Maybe find some cute kitchy title for it - a little poem at the front of each chapter or something :D
    Jezture

Answer by Jezture at 2:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2009