Pregnant and idiot husbands... less of a question and more of a vent

I am beyond annoyed with my husband. I am very early in my pregnancy and he has been unable to understand my moodiness. Usually he's the moody one and I let a lot of it go, but right now I am tired and sick of letting everything go. I just want him to learn when to shut up and I don't mean just because I don't like what I'm hearing. I mean when you have the choice to start an argument or end it. Just once I would like for him to stop and think before he speaks or ignore something he doesn't like. I would be okay if he just did it once, ever. I'm tired of being the bigger person.
He's great in so many other ways, but his behavior is driving me crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I've done this alone before, so I'm not grateful I have have a man to stand by me. If he didn't want to stand by me, he wouldn't be a great father, so I would be glad he's gone. I HATE HATE HATE when women say that. lol Be grateful you have someone... I don't actually NEED a man to take care of my family. My ex-husband left me with 3 small children and a few weeks pregnant years ago and I took care of them all.

Having said that I do love my husband very much. He's just extremely hard to communicate with. He hears one thing I say and then that's it. I'm a talker and he's an arguer. I've found talking through yahoo messenger. That way he will read everything I have to say instead of interrupting me before I can finish a sentence and I can actually hear what he's trying to say because he's not yelling. I guess whatever works.
    Anonymous

• Tell him just that. Say " I love you and thank you for taking out the trash, now let me explain how Im feeling...." Coming from my situation, I say be grateful you have a husband who is with you during your pregnancy, even if its stressful. Mine was out of the country up until just before our son was born. Just try (I know its hard!) to focus on the good things and make sure you communicate with him.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2009