Don't start drama.... does this mean we have universal healthcare now?

I know it has to pass the senate first.... but is this like.... close to happening? I'm not sure what this means. NO DRAMA PPL.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 1:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Health

• http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/11/07/house-passes-historic-health-care-bill-long-road-ahead-for-ref/?icid=main|aim|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politicsdaily.com%2F2009%2F11%2F07%2Fhouse-passes-historic-health-care-bill-long-road-ahead-for-ref%2F
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 1:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Well after the Senate gets done then it would go to the President and I wouldn't be surprized to see some leagal challenges too. So I don't anticipate it being done until the end of next year, or summer at the earliest. Then they have to actually impliment the changes, so not close but closer than before.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• so that means we are going to have the same health care like canada?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I thought I was for this but as I hear more and more I have changed my mind and im a person who pays cash for all my healthcare its cheaper than paying for insurance. I think they should come up with a plan to regulate healthcare to make it affordable for everyone instead of trying to make it universal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• We are hardly close to universal health care. There's way to many people against it. The people who truely need health care can get it-the children.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• what sarap? people who really need it can get it? yea i dont think so. my mom cant get health care. she has no money! she is a real estate agent who does not sell any homes, has no health insurance or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Its not even going to take effect for a few years IF it paSses. Obama will be out next term hopefully our next president can get rid of it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• It means that we are on the road to reform of the healthcare insurance industry.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• so that means we are going to have the same health care like canada?  No.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• The children are the ones who truely need healthcare. The elderly can also get it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2009