my 2 kids are getting dedicated, what would you do

i am having my kids dedicated in a week we are having a get together after which was intended to be small so that we could pay for everyone as well my sons dad had been emotionally abusive in the past but we have been getting along somewhat lately mostlySo he told me none of his family was coming to our kids dedication and i was like okay and then i decided to have get together and then he starts inviting his family and his mom and one sister said they would come im like okay thats fine since then he is having his sisters 3 kids his other sister and his brother come this was supposed to be a small get together im not paying and neither is he i really dislike his brother and come to find out hes coming today is not making me happy because when i was pregnant his brother left threats on my phone to kill me and my son i dont want him there but i have no choice..i wanted it to be a special day but now might cancel the get together

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Huh?? I can't even follow that without any punctuation. Sorry, I don't even know what the question is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• ^ im with anon on this one! There isnt a question!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• sorry i guess reading back on it it is kind of hard to understand, well i was told no one but 2 people from my sons dads family is coming to kids get together, and now there 14 people and i wasnt asked about any of them but the 2..one is his brother who im not happy about coming one bit because he left threatening messages on my phone towards me and my son when i was pregnant and now hes coming. i was wondering if i should just cancel the whole thing? its disappointing to me but i dont want drama and i was planning a small get together not over 20 people i had like maybe 8 people not including myself and kids and sons dad
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i say cancel it and do one alone with ur kids? i wouldnt have him come down after he threatened you on messages.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• yeah i know it really upsets me because i was looking forward to it but im not the one paying for the get-together my parents were being nice and said they would and now all of a sudden my sons dad tells me his brothers coming...his brother left treatment hes supposed to be in treatment for drugs right now..and my sons dad is probably going to be all mad at me for cancelling but he had no right into just go and invite tons of people when its not him paying. My sons dad has bad anger problems and its partially his fault why his brother did that..they were mad at me for telling my sons dads girlfriend that he was dating me while he was dating her so thats when they threatened me..
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Sounds like it's way past time to put your foot down. Don't cancel but tell him that not everyone can come unless he ponies up some money. Plus his brother is not welcome to anything until he proves he can behave to your satisfaction. Also tell him if his brother shows up you will press trespassing charges on him. Then He throws a fit and threatens you tell him all invites are canceled and that it goes for anyone else who shows up. It's one thing to try to be Christ like it's another to be a door mat.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Cancel it.
    Anonymous

• I agree, cancel it. What is meant to be a happy intimate occasion sounds as if it is turning into a circus with tempers likely to fray and negative emotions on display.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• i know see it wouldve been positive if certain people wouldnt be coming...and who i agreed to come which was his mom and him but not the rest of his family they havent wanted to see him since he was born and now they all say there coming on a day that is supposed to be happy for everyone..its just theres alot of bad feelings his brother really scared me back then
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 9, 2009