Anyone know of any good, strong chew toys that a lab can't tear apart?

My lab "puppy" is almost a year old. He has powerful jaws and has ripped every toy I have gotten him to shreds. Tonight I bought him a chew toy from petsmart that said it is "indestructible" he had it in pieces within minutes! I have tried the "Kong" toys and he chews right thru those too. If you know of a good brand that would be helpful. If he doesn't have his own toys to chew up he will find something else.

AnnaMac

Asked by AnnaMac at 2:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Pets

• I dont know about labs but I had 2 dogs from puppyhood. they are half pit and half doberman and they could chew threw anything except this bone
    its not a real bone its a solid hard rubber bone...almost like how a tire would be if it was filled with rubber instead of air

they've had that toy since i got them at 8 weeks...now they are almost 4 and still have it, its in good shape...LOL its the one thing they fight over at my moms house

they should have them at a petsmart
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Thank you DomoniqueWS. I will look for it. Pitbulls and Dobermans are powerful breeds too, so what works for them will probably work for my dog too.
    I have seen chew toys shaped like tires that are made from the same rubber as tires. They are expensive, but I guess it will save money in the long run.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 3:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Get the black kongs(not the off brands) they are a stronger rubber though i have known a couple of dogs to chew through it it takes them a long time. I like soup marrow bones also they do get worn out and need to be replaced but it usually takes a few months to get to that point.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Our dog tries to chew through everything. We have solid plastic rings. Those and the kongs are the only things he has not gone straight through. When we first got him, he even chewed through the railing to the basement stairs.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Kong! My pitbull has had the same one for 2 years and it barely looks used. She loves it!
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i have 2 pits and they chew everything w/ in minutes. we have this super thick rope that has taken my dog a year to tear apart.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2009