Question for the BFing mamas about BFing contractions...

How long do contractions while BFing last & does supplementing occasionally or c-sections make a difference?? I am 3weeks postpartum (after a c-section & I supplement occasionally) & am still experiencing contractions while BFing...is this normal?

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 3:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it was about 2 months before I quit feeling them with both of mine, but every mom is different. The contractions are your body's way of getting the uterus back to it's normal size and are a good thing. They lessen in intensity as time goes on. I did not have a c-section and did not supplement at all either though. I imagine that formula supplementation probably will make them last longer since the body still has to shrink the uterus the same and with the supplementation it is not getting the contractions to do so.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I didn't have a c/s. My sister did last week (her 3rd) and bf. You'll feel it for bit longer.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2009