How do i get my two year old to stay with other people besides me or her dad?

shes attached to me at the hip i caant even go to the bathroom wthout her there

princessmaranda

Asked by princessmaranda at 5:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to get her used to other people a little at a time. Have a grandparent or friend come over, play with your dd together, then say you need to go to the kitchen for something, leave your dd with this person, then say you need to run out to your car...etc....it may take a few days or a week, but do this at least every other day. Making your absences alittle longer each time. Always tell your dd that your leaving and that you'll be right back. Then when you come back tell her your back and give her hugs and kisses. She just needs to get used to being away from you, and to learn to trust that your coming back. GL
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Try 15 min. to start off with and bump the time up from there each time.
    Anonymous

• ok well we live with my boyfriends mom and dad andshe cries really only when i leave and my boyfriends mom said she cried the whole time we were gone
    princessmaranda

Answer by princessmaranda at 2:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2009