How to use minipill if u didnt have a period after giving birth???.

I want to take a minipill but no period yet, how will I take it? My baby is 3 months not pregnant either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Health

• I started my BC the sunday I got the meds I didnt wait for my period.
    Mine is working just fine. It has been 4 months now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• It's been years since I was on the mini pill so I can't really remember, but I think you just start taking it whenever you want.

A word of caution though, it can cause sex to be painful or uncomfortable.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• you take it on the first sunday of your choosing...no period necessary...but a word of caution be sure to use back up contraception for the first few weeks so it gets settled into your system...and don't rely on breastfeeding for back up...ever...I got pregnant 2x while faithfully (taking it same time everyday; never missed a dose) on the mini pill and breastfeeding...
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• The packaging says you can start whenever but to use backup protection for the first 48 hours. You also have to take it at the same time everyday or it isn't effective.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I just stated taking it. It doesn't have give a week for your period, so when ever is fine. I just stopped taking it. I did get my period when my breastfeeding droped, at about a year.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• If you have no period then you just start taking it and take it every day at the same time and if you are nursing and that is why your period hasn't returned then don't count on the mini pill making it start.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2009