Coburn threatening to have Health Care bill read on Senate floor. What do you think?

Sen. Tom Coburn, the Oklahoma Republican who developed a close friendship with President Obama when they served together in the Senate, is threatening to have the entire health care bill read on the Senate floor.
Senior Senate Democratic aides had heard Coburn was considering having potentially thousands of pages read aloud in effort to stall passage. “If he did this it would be even outrageous for a guy who’s become known as Dr. No around here,” one of them told POLITICO.
Coburn’s office confirmed that he is indeed thinking about having the bill read.
“That's a possibility,” Coburn spokesman John Hart said. “He wants to make sure everyone has a chance to read the bill.”
Coburn, who has a reputation for using procedural rules to block and delay legislation, has been an outspoken critic of the president’s health care overhaul. He recently told the New York Times:

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 6:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• That's not a bad idea. At least, then the people who are to vote on it would have at least heard what was in it. That sounds fair to me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Sounds great! It's "story time" on the House floor!!! Bring a pillow and your fuzzy slippers! LOL :o)

reading

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:39 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think he should do it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I think that that is a good idea. Thing is the average citizen cant understand the lingo used in the bill, so Im not sure how effective reading a bunch of pages will be. Maybe if it was broken down in laymen terms, the ppl might be more interested.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• He shouldn't have to threaten, it should be done in the first place.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Answered at 7:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 by: Anonymous
    He shouldn't have to threaten, it should be done in the first place.

I agree!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I'm sorry but didnt they JUST say LAST week that they would post the bill for 72 hrs for people to read? I KNOW Obama's lying butt said it ALL through is campaign but I swear the renewed the promise last week too!

As for this...I think it would be FANTASTIC :) He should bring a lawyer along too that will explain every paragraph as he read it too......sort of like a translator ;)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• momof030404~Makes you wonder when another "AIG bonus" moment rears it's ugly head, like it did with Obama's stimulus~ who will Obama blame? Bush?? Republicans? Who will have to get a mop, then?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I am from oklahoma and I cant stand Coburn.
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 9:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2009