Are parents aware of vaccines adverse reactions when their babies get vaccinated?

I did not know of adverse reactions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They aren't supposed to administer the vaccination without having you sign a paper saying that you have read the pamphlet with all the risks and benefits. As the patient, we are their customers and have every right to be informed and ask questions about what they are doing with our bodies. Everything has a risk of having adverse reactions. You even see it in the commercials advertising medications. Lol you know when they say, "Oh this is the greatest ever!" and then at the end you hear, "may cause drowsiness, shortness of breath, stomach pains, blurred vision, etc." There is always a risk, but it's making yourself aware of the risks and making educated decisions about whether or not the benefits outweigh the risks.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• One's that do the research are. Most new parents aren't aware and the doctors rarely mention it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Most parents don't know they are supposed to do research on things like vaccines. Those of us that do that research know all about the dangers. But the majority trust in their doctors and just assume that vaccines are safe, other wise they wouldn't be given... I did the research and I know first hand the dangers of vaccines - My kids are vaccine free for a reason!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• idk of any adveres reactions, me and both my siblings were vaccinated, both my kids are and we're all fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Sure, and we also know the adverse reactions of NOT getting them vaccinated. I seriously don't want to see my kids go through some of those nasty illnesses.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Yup, just like any other medication there are risk when you take them. But like all medications you way the risk against the benefit. The benefit won for me. And my kids were vaccinated without incident. Who has read the risks on the drugs in there medication cabinet??  And in defense of doctors I was given a pamphlet with the risks discussed.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Are others aware of how annoying it is to have anti-vaccine people shoving their views down everyone's throats all the time?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i get a flyer for each vaccine and my children have never had a reaction. i am proud to vaccinate my children. i would rather have them cry for all of 30 seconds and maybe get a fever or be tired for a day (which hasnt happened) than get very very sick.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I am aware of them. My doctor gives us a booklet that goes wwith each vaccine everytime we get one for either of the girls.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• where my kids get vaccinated they hand out papers saying watch for these reactions and such. So yes.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009