How do you go out with friends and drink without driving home?

I lived in the city when I partied, so I don't know how people do this.
You go out with a friend to the bar. You and your friend drink. Have a great time, dads are home with the babies, whatever. How do you get home??
Same goes for having a friend over for drinks. I would love to have my new-mom friend over so she can have a break and relax and share a bottle of wine. But, how does she get home again?
Before I was a mom I'd just stay the night wherever I drank, but now...what do I do?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Take a cab. It might cost $20 but it's cheaper than the alternatives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Either have her stay the night or ask hubby to take her home
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Take a cab. That's what we do. If you can't find a ride home, then stay home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• If there are taxi cabs where you live, then I would use that to get home. We don't have any where I live so I usually call a sober family member for a ride. Shyma has a good idea for the staying home option.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• If you have taxi's in your area, call them for a ride. If not ask a family member/friend if they would be ok with you calling them for a ride. Or if you have a spouse, ask him/her if they would transport you, or if you will be at someones house- ask if it is ok to spend the night there.
    If none of the above are options that would work for you---- then stay home and don't go out drinking!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I like the idea of staying home with a bottle of wine and having DH drive guests home later. :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Go somewhere close enough to walk. Call a cab. If its not too late and kids arent in bed, call hubby to come get you. Me and my friends all live less than a mile apart so we just go to each others houses and walk home. When we go out as a group we take turns being DD. But now that I dont drink any more, they just pay for me to get in places and buy me sodas and I drive for them. Its just as fun not drinking to me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Isn't that what the designated driver is for? idk, I'm not into drinking.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2009