what kind of gps do you have? Do you like it? Where did you get it?

Im thinking of getting my hubby a gps for Christmas. Just curious on what brands are better and where to get it?

threeboysmama

Asked by threeboysmama at 10:09 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Shopping

• My husband and I each have a Garmin Nuvi, and I love it. Depending on where you are, the different brands will act differently. Here in the Southwest, Garmin has the best coverage. I also like the nicer Nuvi models because they will generate routes when you put in several addresses. My husband has put in like 60 addresses for work before, and it creates a route from your starting point, through the shortest distance between all points, back to your ending point. It has a nice favorites function, and the newer ones also have an MP3 player, although I don't have any use for that function. We got both of ours at Sams.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I have a tomtom and I LOVE IT!!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I have the Garmin Nuvi as well. It works very well. We bought ours at Wal-Mart.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 10:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I also have the Garmin Nuvi. It's awesome! I do need to update my maps though. It gets me there 99% off the time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:53 PM on Nov. 9, 2009

• My hubby uses a Garmin Nuvi for work, and we've used it for a few trips. We've never had a problem with it, and it's not complicated to use.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 2:35 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• Both DH and I have a Tomtom. He has the One XL-S and I have the 340S. I know he got he's off amazon and I got mine on post (PX). It was cheaper on amazon but I needed right away. We have been very happy with Tomtom. Very user friendly and gets us exactly where we need to go.
    oragami

Answer by oragami at 8:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We got our Garmin Nuvi at Sam's. I love it!
    Anonymous