Am I too sensitive?

My boyfriend (baby's father/fiance/pseudo husband) insults me jokingly and calls me crazy and makes 'funny' comments about how I have no brains or how I'm stupid. Then, when I am talking about something, he interrupts me to tell me I'm wrong. When I tell him to stop treating me like an idiot, he acts like I'm, well, crazy. He says I'm too sensitive. Case in point: Last night, I was talking about how lucky we were that we had a mild case of H1N1, and halfway through what I was saying he interrupted me to say "We all agree at work that people are just stupid, it isn't that bad" so I snapped at him (and honestly can't remember what I said.) He tells me that I wasn't talking fast enough and he didn't care about what I was saying, which is why he interrupted me. Now, I failed out of college and got fired this week- and when I ask him to give the comments a rest, he says I'm too sensitive. WTF?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• You are not being to sensitive in my opinion. Gosh, sounds like my ex... he was all about judging and giving his opinion to every single thing that I said, that he never really listened to what I had to say. It was hard to deal with and most of the time I was left feeling pretty dumb in which he would always come back and say, well if you didn't want my opinion, then you shouldn't have asked or the truth hurts.

I just feel bad for you... Im sorry. I would talk to him about this and maybe explain to him how it makes you feel... good luck to you.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• iHATE TO SAY THIS BUT YOUR HUSBAND IS A IDIOT, MY HUSBAND DOES THE SAME THING AT LEAST EVERYDAY AND HONESTLY IT DOES HURT, BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU WONDER IF HE IS RIGHT. N o YOU ARE NOT TO SENSITIVE hE Mkes you believe you are but honey be her you are he has been with you this long for a reason right?
    jen2330

Answer by jen2330 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• He is a jerk.... he wants you to think you're stupid.
    College isn't for everyone, and not all jobs work out.
    If he doesn't care to hear what you have to say, then me personally I'd say nothing to him for a little while because I'd be too mad to say anything nice.
    You're not stupid! Your opinion and thoughts on things count, just like his, just like mine.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Your boyfrend (emphasis on BOY- because he is acting like a boy) is an ass! If he really and truly loved you he would NOT be so rude to you, he would NOT say such mean and hateful things to you and he would NOT put you down like that! He is trying to make himself look so much better and at your expense. I would tell him that his attitude had better change, the smart-ass nasty comments and put-downs had better stop- and if they don't I would kick his sorry ass to the curb! Do you really want your child to see him treat you like this and think that this is the way to treat women and think it is ok to do that or put up with that?
    Sorry but if it were MY man I would have kicked his sorry ass to the curb, I would not put up with being treated like that!
    Anonymous

• "iHATE TO SAY THIS BUT YOUR HUSBAND IS A IDIOT, MY HUSBAND DOES THE SAME THING AT LEAST EVERYDAY AND HONESTLY IT DOES HURT, BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU WONDER IF HE IS RIGHT. N o YOU ARE NOT TO SENSITIVE hE Mkes you believe you are but honey be her you are he has been with you this long for a reason right?"

Sounds like someone else is "a idiot"...
    Anonymous