I'm sure this question has already been asked, but I need to know what everyone thinks. I have a 9month old daughter. I'm scared to death about getting her vaccinated for H1N1. She is a healthy baby and is not in daycare. Meaning that she is not in contact with many people thoughout the day. I'm scared about the mecury levels in the shot, how it has not been tested on humans. What do other think and is anyone has gotten there baby vaccinated was there any side effects?

LeahsMama

Asked by LeahsMama at 10:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not getting the shot for my daughter. I'm not scared, and I'm not worried about it. IF she gets sick, then we'll deal with it then. The majority of people who have died from H1N1 have been people with respiratory troubles to begin with.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• No way, not me! Vaccines are predisposition! My son does not get vaccines, I refuse! And guess what 2 years old and never been sick!

His little friends? Dr.s say its normal for the little ones to be sick so often. Bologny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Honestly people have been dying from the H1N1 and it affects people 25 and under. This is just plane ridiculous. I have been vaccinated along with my family. We haven't had any side affects. I would rather know that I saved my family rather than them getting very ill and dying from it. We just had a 10 year old child die from it and the only sickness he had was a mental disorder. So people who don't have compressed immune systems are even dying. Good Luck to you and your family. Pray that you don't get sick and pass it onto your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• We are pretty sure that the flu has already gone through our family. We armed ourselves with a lot of natural remedies and we came out of it just fine. We also have mercury sensitivities that run in my family, so that is a major reason I opted out of the vaccine. I thought that in the package inserts of the vaccines they are not recommending it to children under the age of 2 though?
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 10:44 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I got the shot and i'm pregnant and i'm fine.My 11 year old daughter got it at school too.We are fine.I'm not a doctor but you shouldn't give it to your baby if she is allergic to fish eggs or chicken eggs I can't remember which one.I can't remember.But keep asking on here and go to other mom websites and ask and go on Google.Most important ask a doctor.I hop this helps and wish the best for you daughter and I hop she will be perfectly fine if you decide to let her get the shot.
    CCCurstynn

Answer by CCCurstynn at 10:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Oh yeah and the only reason people have been dying from the shot is because they are alergic to something in the shot.Not just because they got it.Like I said before,just ask a doctor.
    CCCurstynn

Answer by CCCurstynn at 10:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• im 24 and my lil one is 17months and we both got the shot.. i was aginst it at first until i started watching more of it on the news.. 1110 people have died from it and 100 were kids 4 and under. thats alot of parents losing there babies
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I am on the fence. I don't know if I will or not.
    By the way both my kids have been vaccinated and my oldest has had a total of one ear infection. So yeah what does that have anything to do with vaccines. Some kids just have better immune systems than others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Exactly. People have been dying from it and they are young. I would rather know we are safe than have my kids get so very sick. I just hope those who don't get the vaccine(because they just don't vaccinate period, for whatever reason), don't get it and pass it on to others. I am thinking I am gonna get it for my family. I have done my research and I suggest the OP do the same, instead of asking for adivse here. Not that you won't get advise here, just maybe not all you were looking for, KWIM? Do look it up and make an informed decision on what to do. I too have been on the fence about it and have come to realize for us it will be what is best. For you it may or may not be, IDK. There have been enough people who have gotten it by now that we would have heard it it would have been bad for humans... babies and adults, ya know? Ask your doc what side effects you could expect too and go from there to help decide.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i was scared to have my little girl get it as well..however i have had 2 pediatricians advise it they say its best to prevent it because the tamiflu is in such high demand they may run out in the future...however i went ahead with it....she had h1n1 a few weeks ago and was sick but got over it just fine on tamiflu...she then got the vaccine for it and has had no side effects not even fussiness...and she didnt even cry while getting the shot...btw shes 9 months as well...my dad also got it a few months ago and has had no reactions either....do what you think is best but be aware if she does get sick their may not be any medicine left at that point...when my daiughter had it the company wasnt even giving out any liquid because it was tooo backed up so the pharmacist had to make it.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2009