I thought we were getting health care as soon as the bill passes?

Is it true that it doesn't go in to effect until 2013?

sassycassy219

Asked by sassycassy219 at 10:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Hello, op,
    Here's my thoughts for you because I've been there. Ten minutes a day. That's it, just take ten minutes a day and read the news. You can pop on here to see what the politically inclined are speaking about, and use that to decide what to read. I like AP sources. You will find that grly posts multiple sources, she tends to lean right, as well as lorikeet. Sweet a kins posts articles often as well, and many are worth the effort to skim. There is an ongoing battle as to what is a legitimate source, many say fox news isn't, I believe them to be wrong. Lol. The right tends to avoid huff po
    But I read everyone's sources and then google a couple of key words to see what everyone is saying.
    Yes, the health care bill is not really what it seems. We deserve better. Good luck.
    And If you find something you don't like, don't forget to call your congressman!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• You have been dooped! This is why it is so important to understand the legislative process. No, you probably won't get it then. There are already plans to repeal the bill if it passes the Senate.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• That was stated LONG ago when he was pushing it.
    SO thankfully IF it goes thru someone can stop it
    Most of obamas spending and "promises" wont have affect til he is long gone.
    Our grandchildren willbe paying off his debt
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• And YOU may not be getting it, Especially not for free! And even if you get it from the public option your taxes will go up. good luck!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• If your an Obama supporter your lack of attention shows how he got elected.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I have been going a rapid responce clinic to get my ds physicals, shots, etc and the receptionist told me to call my elected officials and tell them I want the health care bill. I asked the Dr on duty he said there is more to it. But he didn't say anymore.
    So what are the details? Who is covered? How much will it cost. I currently pay $650/month for my son and I to be covered. I work for a small family owned business as an office assistnat and they don't have insurance. Will we pay more? less? Who can give me specifics answers I can understand in plain english?
    sassycassy219

Answer by sassycassy219 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I am an Obama supporter and I think you are right carpy. I am a single mom raising a son and trying to make ends meet. I have very little time to focus on laws, votes, politicians. I voted for the person I thought best wanted to help people like me. I could be a fool. But don't be snarky with me now. I am trying to figure this out. Maybe I have made a mistake with my vote. I am so confused.
    sassycassy219

Answer by sassycassy219 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Sassy...the truth is THEY dont know! This bill was cobbled together over the past week and has OVER 2000 pages! Most of them haven't, INCLUDING the president, have not even READ it which I think is the worst part!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• yes, in the speech he gave discussing heathcare. the majority of it wont go into effect intill 4 yrs have passed. but he said that he will be lowering heathcare cost so that people can start affording it...... but beaware, another election will be held in 4 yrs. and obama is not elected again, it could never go into effect if the new president had other plans.
    jlouise03

Answer by jlouise03 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• jlouise03 what are the details of the new bill. I won't re-elect him, if there aren't details I can read and understand myself.
    sassycassy219

Answer by sassycassy219 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2009