How does section 8 or housing assistance work?

I might have to move back to my hometown in a couple months. I have a job where I am and it's enough here, but it's more expensive where i'm from. I hate the idea of having to get on welfare, but I go nuts living with my parents. Literally.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sometimes there are waiting list so you might want to apply ASAP..they ask for proof of income and state issued birth certificates...the figure roughly 30 to 40% of you income towards your total monthly payment...rent + utilities...and if yoiu have 1 kid you are allowed a two bedroom if you have 2 kids of the same sex you are allowed a 2 bedroom..2 kids of the opposite sex or 3 kids then a 3 bedroom.. they inspect the positional property and they are really really strict, and will do inspections as long as you are on PA..depending on the housing place can be every 6 months to once a year...i found out there are a few landlords who wont do housing cause of the fact they are so strict..and it sometimes can be a hassle but its for your best interest...umm i cnt think of anything else at the moment ...hope that was some help
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• errr i had a lot of typos in that sorry =(
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2009