Hand Foot and Mouth?

My two year old son has hand foot and mouth but it's only in his mouth, i am about to lose my mind, he can't eat he can hardley drink and he's miserable all he does is cry i know it hurts him, i have done everything there seems to be done for him and nothing seems to work. has anyone elses child had this before? and if so what do you do to relieve their pain

RCPerry511

Asked by RCPerry511 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yogurt, applesauce. Anything cold and very soft. Just make sure that he is drinking something, whether its water or milk or pedialyte. He will eat when hes hungry... Hope he gets better soon!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• What about frozen yogurt, smoothies, popcicles? Have you tried drinking from a straw? Maybe a little teething gel on the tongue?
    Anonymous

• Ask your doctor or google Miracle Mouthwash, rotate between tylenol and motrin... my son has had it 3 times. It is miserable. My son quit eating and drinking also. Super cold liquids seem to help a little more so. He won't eat when he is hungry because he is in agonizing pain the first day or two are the worst but it does last a full 5 days for my son...
    tabarismom

Answer by tabarismom at 2:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I have tried everything you ladies are suggesting, from the teething medication to popcicles and the drinking from the straw it hurts him so bad that he is barely drinking anything, thank you for your replies
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2009