Rash and Fever

My 10 month old daughter has had a fever on and off since Friday night and now has a rash starting at her knees and down to her feet. I already have a doc appt for this afternoon but does anyone else know what this is? She hasn't slept much at night since she started feeling ill but she has slept more than normal during the day. She also looks she may have a diaper rash which I was treating with Desitin but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas?

msfila1980

Asked by msfila1980 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is very common for rashes to start happening at this age. They'll last for at least a week or so. Your pediatrician will probably tell you that it's just some virus that is going around that just has to run it's course. No biggy. As far as the diaper rash goes, it's probably part of the same rash that is all over her body so the desitin probably wouldn't address it. I would use Triple Paste. I think it works the best for diaper rashes, but it's a good healer if her tooshie is looking sore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Bag Balm has always worked wonders for my kids for diaper rashes! And I agree with anon 9:40, kids get weird rashes all the time its probably just some virus!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Yea you guys are right, it's a virus. It's called hand foot syndrome and it is common with infants especially when they are teething. Thanks!
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2009