What is your favorite fresh water fish?

we are thinking about starting a fresh water fish tank and was in need of some ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Pets

• years back we had a community tank of fresh water fish.... we had fresh water angels... a really kool ribbon fish, kinda looks like a snake with a flat fin on its tail and fins on the side of its head....and when it swims through the water in looks like a ribbon..... my kids loved it!!! FYI...don't get any african frogs!!!they eat everything in your tank!!!! the guy told me they eat shrimp pellets...ya, maybe while there small!!! But they grow up and swallow EVERYTHING!!!!! Also, stay away from Mollies, they carry ICK.... they killed my whole tank.... mini crabs are fun, but they also grow up and eat things in the tank... especially the males... males have one large claw and one little one... females have two tiny claws.... Good luck in your tank!!!! your kids will love it...
    littlewolf

Answer by littlewolf at 11:44 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Mine are big fan tail gold fish..They don't need heaters and they tend to keep a clean tank. Altho the urine from them can be toxic  to other fish that are not golds. I have mine in a huge tank on my porch. rain water is a great water source. Use to raise guppies,and angles, and other variates, but too much work for me. lol

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 2:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Depends what size tank you have but we have Silver Dollars,Pleco,UpsideDown Catfish,Eclipse Cat and a whole bunch of Tiger Barbs species all Semi Aggressive but some how it works for us, Oh and my Fav fish is the Upside Down Catfish he hides alot but he is really interesting looking. Oh as a PP said all fish can get Ick NOT just Mollies we had a Ick outbreak(In one of my first takes about 20 years ago) and we didn't have any Mollies in the tank most of the time it is cured by some additives that they have at Pet Stores. Enjoy your tank
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I love the beta they are hardy and u can use the bowls like decorations with a fish just clean the bowl A LOT
    michellej135

Answer by michellej135 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2009