When was the first time you felt like a mommy?

share your happy stories =]

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 11:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The first time I truly felt like a mom was when my son would only stop crying in my arms.
    pinkcanary

Answer by pinkcanary at 11:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• after i gave birth and started to breast feed, then it was at home when i was taking care of them. i hope to never lose that conection that i felt when they were born!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Well, ...it's a bit complicated for me because i have never given birth.
    But for my older DS i felt like a mommy when he came to me with his needs instead of our mom (he's legally my brother).
    And for younger DS i felt like a mommy when I was finally the only person that he called mommy. He used to call his grandma mommy too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2009

• it's still hard for me to believe im a mom even though i dont ever get any sleep and i take care of my son 99% of the time since my hubby works i still look at him and wonder how i made him in amazment still cant believe he's mine it's been about 7wks i think the day it really HITS me is the day he says mama..even though he smiles at me now and i can tell he really only trust me it's hard to come to grips with.
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 1:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• really I was connected instantly.... at like 5 wks preg. I bought about 6 boxes of preg tests and pee'd in a huge cup and dunked them all. And I gazed for HOURS at the lines of positive sticks before me.

And about 2 days later we went for a vaginal ultrasound and I drooled lovingly over the little yolk sac on the screen.... it was mommy time. I immediately went out and bought some boy items... even though gender wasnt even set yet. (yes, he WAS boy!)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• The day I first felt like a mom was when my son was 3 days old and i was burping him after a feeding, he lifted his head and turned to me and was staring at me then he burped then he looked relieved and laid back down on my shoulder and closed his eyes to sleep.. LOL that was absolutely adorable. Then from there to now, I feel like such a mommy seeing my baby grow, all his actions, he hugs and blows kisses and says mom, It still amazes me everyday that I am his mom!
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 5:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• when i came home after my daughter was born. i suddenly realized that i have this little person that depends on me for comfort, nuturing,love ect. i realized my responsibility and i welcomed it with open arms :)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 6:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Honestly, I didn't truely feel like a mom until my second child was born. Yes, I felt like a mom before as I was a mom. My son was a mommy's boy and only could comfort him, soothe him, and what-not. However, I didn't truely feel 100% like a mom until my daughter was born. Now I feel like I'm completely a mom as I have both of my kids. I didn't bond with my son very well after he was born. I became detached from him and was very withdrawn for the first few weeks. It wasn't until he started to become more alert and responsive when I started to feel like we were bonding. Especially when he became more mobile and interactive did I feel like we bonded. Now my son is a year old and we have bonded greatly. He's still a mamma's boy and just the greatest kid! Now that my daughter is born I feel 100% like a mom and like I have accomplished a really great thing.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:44 PM on Nov. 9, 2009