How worried should I be RIGHT NOW?? Gave birth to a 25 wk. 4day baby

Hi I am pretty new here I had a 23 weeker two years ado Nov 5, he is TOTALLY fine thank the lord, and he only got one dose of steroids then was delivered 3 hrs later. He spent 5 1/2 months in hosp. My new baby Jacob (who was expected feb 10th), came out breathing and crying on his own and his apgars weere 8 & 8 which is great considering. I am just so worried feel so helpless with what is happening!!! Xanax doesn't oven help righ now.....also I had posted in Gen Discussion the story uf the nightmare that happened during my surgery, so if you can swing by there to, l would REALLY appreciate any advice you all may have to give, thanks so much in advancd.

DawnHaggerty

Asked by DawnHaggerty at 11:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You shouldn't worry at all. That's impossible, I know, but it's out of your hands right now. You should be with him as much as you can, and touch him if they will let you (premies who feel their mother's touch do better than those who don't). Prematurity is really scary, and I know you're terrified for your little boy. But worrying will only make you sick and unable to care for yourself and your firstborn.

*hugs*

Could you please post a link to what you wrote about your surgury?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• wait... the baby is breathing on his own and everything..... what is your question about? i'm sorry.... just confused. he'll probably just have to stay in the hospital until he reaches 5lbs. and can eat, right?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Even though the baby is breathing on his own doesn't mean he is out of the clear, princess ...

With that said OP sorry I don't have much advice to offer if you are religious keep your faith, pray or do whatever you believe in. Also like the other mom said while it's easy to say try to focus on caring for yourself and getting better yourself so you can care for your older child as well as your new baby once he is able to come home:) He needs you to be strong mama!
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I had a premiee almost six months ago. She is perfect now! I felt just like you! Helpless! Its really heard (well who am I telling you have already had 1) This is your 2nd right? You know how strong the NICU family is and they are there if you need them. Stay with him as long and as often as you can. The baby needs you! Stay strong. Pray. Reach out for help. Good Luck momma!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2009