My 4.4 year old boy wont go poop on the toilet. Help!

My 4.4 year old will pee and has been peeing in the toilet since 3 but only pooped once in the toilet. He is so stubborn he wont poop in the toilet. He never has accidents and brings me a diaper when he needs to go but if i refuse to put diaper he will not go on the potty and he will hold it for days. Absolutely nothing is working. Any advise. I am so desperate for help.

sgf1

Asked by sgf1 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 7, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You can buy an over the counter medication called kondrumul (sorry that is spelled wrong) that you can give him. What it does is lubricate the anas so he cannot hold the poop in. Once he realizes that it doesn't hurt to poop on the potty he will be fine. If you don't want to give your child meds without talking to your doc call and ask if this is a good idea. My Grandson was a poop holder and we took him to a specialist who suggested this and it worked great.
    coug70_99

Answer by coug70_99 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 7, 2008

• Bribery worked for my nephew. Try stickers or a new toy.

heartlineMama

Answer by heartlineMama at 12:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2008

• Oh yeah and make a REALY big deal about it when he does do it.
    heartlineMama

Answer by heartlineMama at 12:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2008

• bribery does not work and nothing works this is pretty serious. anyone with other ideas?
    sgf1

Answer by sgf1 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2008

• I took my son to the book store and bought some potty ONLY books. (books that could only be read when on the potty) His biggest problem was that he couldn't sit still long enough to poop. So once we bought the books, he was OK with sitting there while I read a few books to him. After 3 weeks, he is a super duper quick pooper...hahaha I barely get through one book before he tells me his done. I even started having him wipe his own bottom.. Kills two birds with one stone.!!! He is doing great and my life is so much easier than changing pull ups...
    cadesmom3

Answer by cadesmom3 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 11, 2008