Has anyone seen the Q&A section? All I find here are blogs....

This used to be where people could ask and answer questions concerning adoption. Has anyone but me realized that while there are 90+ replies to a blogger's personal attack of a struggling mother, and 60+ replies to the spouse of a convicted felon over her chances of adopting 6 months after his release from prison, that an expectant mother posed a question about considering the financial security of PAP's and that she has received 7 (SEVEN) responses??? No one trying to give her options or opinions or see if there is ANY way that she could parent her child or to warn her of the emotional loss that she is sure to feel? Have we gotten too "busy" debating whether adoption in general is "cruel and unusual punishment" to care about ONE pregnant mother on this Q&A section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Adoption

• OP: your post is 100% on target, you are so right.

The new move is all of these people posting their PERSONAL sites and blogs to drive traffic to them (ie earn money for advertisers or potential advertisers).

It is not a question if you link and comment on your OWN blog as if it is a legitimate news source.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• Hrm - go read the question about financial security again - it does NOT say it's an expectant mother, considering teachers - it specifically says only

"Financially secure?
    If you were looking for adoptive parents for your unborn baby, would you pick a couple who were both teachers?"

What leads you to believe this is a expectant mother? It could be a couple who are both teachers, wishing to adopt?

Maybe someone else just wants to start more drama - this is a popular place because people aren't wise enough to think and consider other options and most of the time only wish to fight.

I'd have replied to that question had it been more specific...
    Anonymous

• That question is the point, Financial a consideration in Adoption instead of the child's well being. Rich people get what they want. As far as the felon, please put a child into that? And a Mother going postal because the going get though.. Yes mothers have a right to jump on that and just STOP IT. PARENTING IS NO JOKE !!!

Anonymous

• It is because so many people were driven out of the groups because they all been taken over in varying degress by those who all have one point of view and if you dont agree with it, you are attacked.
    At least here you have half a chance.
    Anonymous

• I didn't answer the one about teachers because I won't ever be in a position to have a child and I figured the op wanted answers from women who had been or could be in that position.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I didn't answer for the same reason as Littlebit. I can't imagine having to make that choice. I think I'd be more interested in the type of people they are, their relationship, and how stable they are.

You're right, OP. There are a lot of links to blogs and articles. I just don't have the time. I'm a nursing student with a husband and two small children.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 2:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I also didn't answer the Financial security question because it SEEMS to be written by someone who is considering teachers, etc for PAP's. I'm not a birth mom, so I didn't know how I would answer. In looking at the responses, it seems that everyone who replied ALSO thinks that it's an emom saying "you need to think, etc...." and even frogdawg (amom) was bashed for NOT being in the position to place a child for adoption and they said that her opinion basically doesn't matter. So Anon 11:37am, is there some reason that you are the only one who believes otherwise? Perhaps the OP will clarify soon, if she feels the need to.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Anon 11:46, I agree that here (Q&A) was the only place where an honest opinion might be seen or given, but if this becomes another "group" for blogs, articles, etc, especially when it doesn't deal with specifics, but the global dynamics of adoption and it's history and government politics, etc. then we've lost the PEOPLE involved and now are only focusing on "the masses". I may not can change the world, but I MIGHT can change the world for ONE PERSON.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i quit answering most questions because i got jumped on by an amom who thinks she knows everything. got tired of it.
    Anonymous

• Quoting DoodleBopFan - So Anon 11:37am, is there some reason that you are the only one who believes otherwise? Perhaps the OP will clarify soon, if she feels the need to.

Goodness - now I'm attacked because I just stated that the question never said the woman was considering placing a child? I merely said I don't just see what is written - and it's not specific - maybe I'm the only person here who thinks that my first idea isn't the only right one....

To answer your question - YES There's a reason I have another impression - I don't think it's one thing or another - I said it was NOT specific so maybe it's not what everyone just assumes right off. Wow - I thought about what wasn't written. Much of the time, it's JUST as important as what IS written... come on people - look beyond the window and see the world beyond.
    Anonymous