What is something you wish someone would of told you before you had kids?

For me, That cheep dipers work just as well as expensive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that i would get stretch marks because i am prone to them unlike other woman who dont get them. that diapers are expensive, bf is best, natural child birth is the way to go.
    Anonymous

• Kids grow up and treat you like shit when they become adults. Know one told me you can spend 18 years raising a child. Then they grow up and say they did not like the way they were raised and don't talk , call or anything.

Answer by louise2 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I knew that my life would change but I didn't realize how much. Absolutely everything is flipped upside down when you have an infant. Although it is a blessing, all freedom and "me" time was gone....time to take a shower wasn't always possible.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• That losing weight is NOT as easy as they make it sound.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• That parenting doesn't end when they are 18..or 25 or 30. It is forever. It is a lifetime of worry and stress. Wondering if they are okay. Did they get the rent paid.? Do I say something or let them fall on their ass? How many times do you help them pick themselves up....once you have children there is a piece of you that is gone forever. Don't get me wrong. I love my kids with all my heart. It is a daunting job some days. You think that first year is the hardest...WRONG. It may be the most exhausting physically but HARD is when they hurl words at you in anger that tear you into pieces..Hard is when your 16 yr old contracts gonorrhea in spite of th fact you KNOW they know how to protect themselves. Hard is when you get a call from CPS to get your grand kids because they've been abused and neglected. Hard is watching the time alone with your husband again vanish into thin air. Body slammed 25 yrs back in time.

Anonymous

• That is goes by quickly and slowly at the same time. That its wonderful and frustrating at the same time. That you will love and hate your husband at the same time. Its an emotional rollercoaster!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• That they are expensive and will suck the life out of you.
    Anonymous

• I actually had a super easy time losing the weight with exclusive breastfeeding ad always playing w/ my DD. I wish I had more breastfeeding support and didn't have to live on CM the first few weeks for it. I wish someone would have warned me about birthing in a hospital. I wish someone told me about cloth diapering and EC sooner (we're past those now). I wish someone would've told me not to waste my time, space, and money on all those "baby holders" since moms are better than any bouncy seat. I wish someone introduced me to resale shops sooner.
    I wish someone would have told me that just watching her smile would bring me to tears =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I also hated cheap diapers. Cloth are inexpensive and great =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I don't think anyone could have told me something different, but I would have listened to my future self!
    Anonymous