What would you do to help a friend & their family get back on their feet?

Shes a single mom with 3 kids. Recently went thru a divorce. The property settlement went to the hubby.No job at this point. She been evicted.
So...homeless, no job, 3 kids to take care of. Shes been trying to do this with out help & all by herself. I admire her strength but...it breaking my heart as I feel helpless....suggestions please.

Please note: I am not asking for opinions of disrespect, unless you have walked a mile in her shoes, you cant possibly understand, otherwise you would answer this question with heart, understand & helpful advice...Im asking a simple question of...."What would you do to help a friend get back up on her feet, in this type of situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm with one of the previous responses. Very odd that a judge would throw the woman out on the street with the 3 kids unless he owned the property before marriage and the kids weren't his.
    I'd offer to watch the kids while she went out looking for a job, take her to job interviews if she doesn't have a car, invite her and the kids over to supper as much as I could. Suggest she sign up for emergency HUD, food stamps/welfare/medicaid and help in any way I could from watching the kids to helping her make sure they're bathed and fed and if I had the room and my hubby was okay with it, I'd let her stay with me while she got on her feet (there'd have to be a time element and she'd have to have to get a job quickly).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Pay a bill for her. Buy some food for her. Stuff like that.

Answer by louise2 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• what kind of settlement puts a mother and three children out on the street, and the ex husband gets to just walk away? seriously, i sense there is much more to the story that you are being told!
    Anonymous

• Help her find a job. Watch her kids. Let her stay with you. My friends are better off than me and I know they would help me in a heartbeat. Without question.
    Anonymous

• u could try and get her some food ,or see if there is any thing where you guys live that will help her like some kind of program or somthing
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2009