How many children is to many to have ?

I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks here , about large families......i have a large family of my own and would like one more , plus i would love to adopt in the future also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• As long as you can support your family on your own with no government assistance, have as many as you want. I would also like a large family but DH doesn't.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I feel similar to above.

You need time, money, medical care, space..... then have as many as you'd like.

I have 2 now, planning for a 3rd. And after #3 is a little older, would like to get foster care license and possibly have a 4th or maybe adopt
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I feel like as long as you can afford them, they are properly taking care of, and they arent yearning for attention, then go ahead. I have 1 and I possibly want 1 more, if I ever get married.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• LOLOLOL I always say U don't know you've reached your limit til you go past it!
    I have 4 gorgeous kids, would be happy for more, but hubby is done! There isn't a magic number, just a gut feeling that your family is or isn't complete. I know there was a EMPTY spot in the car, not a spare. It was EMPTY! Then we had no. 4 and I felt complete. You will always find the love the time and the energy.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i think that depends on every family .if you are finicailly able to take care of a big family then more power to you .and if you have the patients to deal with them then knock your self out .i have 2 kids right now and i want one more
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I have 5 and that is plenty for me. I love it, but even if I had more money than I needed, I would not have any more.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:55 AM on Nov. 9, 2009