Is he cheating?

Okay. I've been with hubby for 7 years. We have a 2 y/o together and we're 12wks pregnant with our second. Last night he said he had to help his parents with the paper route that they do. He was gone from 12am till 4:50 am. When he got home, I thought he smelled like sex. I woke at 2:30am and text him and he responded fairly quickly. Today I let him sleep in since he was awake all last night, and come home at 9:30 to find him leaving to go fix someone's waterheater(handyman around here is out of town, so he's "filling in") and he told me he'd be home ASAP because he knows weekends are important to me. We're rolling on 12:30, he's not home and not answering phone calls. Also lately he has been absolutely ATTACHED to his phone and freaked out yesterday when he lost it. Maybe it's my hormones or does this sound like something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds fishy and if you have to ask "is he cheating" then obviously something is up. Play spy007 and see what's going on.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• check his phone...... if you cannot get it away from him, like if he takes it to the bathroom with him.... yeah, it's over.

I think that if checking the phone will make you have trust and confidence ... then there is nothing wrong with it. Texts, sent calls, incoming calls, photos, contact list, speed dials
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Sounds kinda wierd, but I used to deliver papers and you kinda get that outside kinda smell from doing so. I used to get home between 4:30-5am. But still if he's so attached to the phone why isnt he answering it now? I dk. this is a tough one, I'd say just wait it out. It might be that he cant hear it over the tools he's using. Or he left it in the car
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Listen to your heart. You know. Hormones have nothing to do with it.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Okay, not sure about the paper route thing as your sense of smell can definitely be affected by pregnancy.

As far as today is concerned, if he is fixing a water tank, it could be a difficult job. Also do you know what the cell phone reception is like where he is? I tried to call my DH this morning and the call kept getting dropped the minute I hit send. Turns out DH was out back where the satelites were and so no reception.

Best thing to do is just talk to him. Don't accuse him of cheating. Just tell him you were anxious because he was hard to get a hold of today. You can blame it on your hormones. Also ask him jokingly about the phone and his attachment. Like is that "your blankie" or something? See what he says
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• If he smelled like sex then yeah I'd suspect something. Go with him when he goes out like that. The two year old can sleep in the back seat.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I am w/Jackie on this one. I say trust your gut and your heart. I am a big believer in a womans intuition. Don't sell yourself short and blamd the hormones. You know better than anyone else and I urge you to check this out. I don't like admckenzies idea of dragging your son into it. If you want to follow him like that, get a friend you can trust to do it. Better yet, get a hold of that phone anyway you have to! Cant you get the phone bill to check? That might be easier. Good luck mama. Its best to know the truth, no matter what the truth is.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• sounds strange too me. maybe just be alert to anymore changes. When my ex husband was cheating on me he was spending extra time at work, taking phone call outside instead of answering his phone in the house, suddenly wanting to go to work functions by himself, made a new email address and a bunch of other stuff.
    angiewith2

Answer by angiewith2 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• well this is how i got cheated on. he went out- didnt answer his phone when he usually does. then he was acting all wierd about his phone when it used to be just laying around the house. i hope what happened to me doesnt happen to you...
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 7:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2009