How am I supposed to be happy for anyone else?

Im only 23 and Im already having fertility problems. I have been trying to get pregnant for a year, my cycle has taken a sudden drastic change and now AF is coming immediately after I ovulate so there is no possible way of me getting pregnant until I get that fixed. I am planning to go to the doc soon, but my question is how the hell am I supposed to be happy for everyone else around me that is getting pregnant? How can I be happy that I know people that literally cant support the kids they have and yet theyre having another one? It just seems so unfair to me. How do you ladies do it? How do you stay positive? I just dont know how to do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i know how u feel i was 20yrs and deal with infertily and all my firends were getting pregnant some didnt even want to be pregnant..... tell your firends that its hard for u ... i did lose some friends cuz that didnt understand ... just know that one day u will have a lil one and u will be more thankful for a baby than a lot of people i did get pregnant with a lil girl she is 8 months old i wish u lucky
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• It is frustrating when others are conceiving and you are having problems. But be happy for them. Their conceiving has nothing to do with your not conceiving. Rejoice with them, if they are rejoicing, of course. Feeling happy for them will help lift your spirits, too. You wouldn't want them to not conceive just because you are having trouble. - of course you wouldn't.

Answer by Bmat at 1:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I feel you on that! It's horrible that people who don't want kids get pregnant. My hubby's sister is pregnent right now with a baby and she's not sure who the dad is and she's not keeping it. And I'm over here trying to get pregnant and it's not happening. it's hard. I do however stay positive one day our turn will come!
    Kilahs_mommy_06

Answer by Kilahs_mommy_06 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i know how you feel my situation is different tho my so has not even met his daughter yet she is 3 mo,,and all thesewomen around me a re getting pregnant and they all could have their childs father around but the men choose not to theyd rather be dead beats i think that is unfair if you ask! im sorry for how your feeling,why do good things happen to bad people,or people that dont desreve?..WE WILL NEVER KNOW!
    Anonymous

• If you're getting your period right after you ovulate, I would bet that your progesterone level is low, which is a really easy fix. I had to take Prometrium daily after I ovulated until I was through my first trimester because of that.
    Anonymous

• There is no reason to "pretend" you are happy.
    meemosewa

Answer by meemosewa at 10:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2009