TMI--Do you have an STD??

I saw a post on here one day about STD's. All these mothers said they were clean but I sort of have a hard time believeing that since the number of people getting an STD is growing so rapidly! I know its private but some might feel more at ease if they know someone else has one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Umm, no, actually I don't. If someone did, wouldn't they go get it taken care of?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I don't, but I could/should. I had 3 unprotected affairs last yr
    Anonymous

• Not all are curable though.
    Anonymous

• No, but I have had an sti, trich. Funny thing, I didn't actually get it from sex though, all the times I could have and didn't and then the time there was NO way it could've been through sex and I get it then. I also had HPV for a bit, but that one is weird and can show up whenever from who knows when.
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 1:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• See and the HPV is a popular one! 80% of women have it/or had it. Like Addy said it can show or not show for quite a while! It scares me with how things are now adays than before and with our kids growing up. Its gonna be worse than it is now! i just pray that they make good decisions.
    Anonymous

• Reason enough alone not to cheat in this day and age. Not that everyone gets them from cheating, but I haven't been single for a long time so I forget that lifestyle . . lol.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I do have an STD, I'm open and I'm honest about it, I do NOT have unprotected sex (thanks to my babies father cheating on me it's how I know have this). I always tell my partners about it before hand and it's caused them to walk away from me . I don't blame them it's only fair. I wish that my ex had been smart enough to wrap it up before he slept around... live and learn the hard way ...
    Anonymous

• Anon 1:44, that's horrible, I am so sorry, that would suck so bad, can we ask what it is, since you're anon anyway.....I'm really curious now, if not, I'd understand as well though. How do you deal w/ him now since he's your child's father? That would make things very hard for me, not sure if I'd be able to get past the anger issue!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 3:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• 1 out of every 3 Americans have genital herpes...you do the math.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Nov. 9, 2009