My 1 1/2 year old daughter has really bad acne on her chin....and was wondering...

How I can get rid of it?? and what it cud be from??? I was thinking it's prolly from going to bed with a bottle???

If you cud...plz help me

Thanks

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 15 mo old gets this from time to time and he's not BF, I really think it's from all the drool that hangs out right there. That's the only thing I've been able to come up with.
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 1:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Don't pick it or it will scar. keep her chin dry and to get rid of it, get rid of the bottle and going to bed with one. When they use the bottle, it rests on their chin.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• It's not acne at this age. It is a rash. She shouldn't be going to bed with a bottle ever. Babies this age drool a lot and it hangs out on thier chins. I would try to keep it dry and maybe put Vaseline on it before bed.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• bump all above, wetness rash from dribble - also the going to bed with a bottle - big no-no it is a major cause of dental decay in toddlers- imagine taking your two yr old for fillings! Not fun at all- the sugar in the milk eats away at the teeth all night. Keep her chin dry when possible, also avoid letting strong food stay on her skin for any time (here in Oz my babes loved vegemite toast, but they all got rashes around their mouths as it is so salty and yeasty) Things like spaghetti sauce etc with lots of acid will irritate so be sure to wash her face after eating with a damp cloth, not just wiping off with a bib, residuals on the skin can still irritate.
    Good luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2009