Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi I'm a mother of 5 but my kids are not with me. I'm tryng to see is theres a way for me to get help from us although my kids are in PR.

Im trying to get a judge to grant me the right to have my kids coming over for summer and holidays.

Answer Question

Asked by Nativataina at 2:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Get a lawyer, unless you're proven unfit, which takes a LOT, then it'd be just a matter of time getting it passed through the courts. Judges aren't really fans of keeping parents from their children that they are trying to see, unless there's a REALLY good reason not to!

    Answer by AddyLeigh at 2:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

  • get a lawyer

    Answer by Shyma at 2:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

  • You can't do that in US courts. You need to do it through the courts that have jurisdiction ~ in PR. You're kids aren't residents of the US, so US courts have no say at all over what happens to them.

    Answer by desert_diva at 2:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

  • dumb question here, but what is PR?

    Answer by myheartx4 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

  • myheartx4 -- Im guessing puerto rico

    Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

  • Contact the Bar Association for free attorneys and free legal advise in your area.

    Answer by tmfanning at 4:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.