Hi I'm a mother of 5 but my kids are not with me. I'm tryng to see is theres a way for me to get help from us although my kids are in PR.

Im trying to get a judge to grant me the right to have my kids coming over for summer and holidays.

Nativataina

Asked by Nativataina at 2:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get a lawyer, unless you're proven unfit, which takes a LOT, then it'd be just a matter of time getting it passed through the courts. Judges aren't really fans of keeping parents from their children that they are trying to see, unless there's a REALLY good reason not to!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 2:08 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• get a lawyer
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 2:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• You can't do that in US courts. You need to do it through the courts that have jurisdiction ~ in PR. You're kids aren't residents of the US, so US courts have no say at all over what happens to them.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• dumb question here, but what is PR?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• myheartx4 -- Im guessing puerto rico
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Contact the Bar Association for free attorneys and free legal advise in your area.
    tmfanning

Answer by tmfanning at 4:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009