Do I need to hire someone to clean the lint out of my dryer?

My dryer is smelling like cigarette smoke........I have been told that is is the lint and it needs to be cleaned out. Can we do it ourself or does it need to be done by a professional?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• What? They sell these long handled dryer vent cleaners everywhere now. Go to Lowes... I am sure you will find one there.
    Anonymous

• I'll take the job! I'm EXCELLENT at dryer lint. I have to remember to put that on my resume!!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Don't forget to check the place where it vents out of your house at. Sometimes it's on the outside wall and sometimes it's up on the roof. That vent will have a screen that also needs to be cleaned. Ours is up on the roof, so I have to send hubby up on a ladder a couple times a year. Besides that you can get one of those dryer brushes.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Kjrn SOooooooo funny! Seriously, the long handled thingys are great and you should def try those but if the problem persists you may have to have someone come out and vacuum it or what ever they do w/their big ol trucks and hoses... I think that is what you are asking about. My dryer was drying SO slow when we first moved into this house even after I got a brand new dryer. We had the ducts and vents cleaned by one of the services that do that and you would not believe what all came out! It can be a fire hazard as well I was told. So try it yourself first but if if the smell persists I def recommend paying to have it done right. The difference in my drying time was like more than half! GL!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Is this a serious question? You should clean the lint out after every load you dry...
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 4:50 AM on Nov. 9, 2009