When do you beleive life begins?

Coming up on the four year anniversary of having a stillborn. I recall a conversation that I had with my mother. She said having my baby would spark a lot of debate. To me he was a baby. Some people think he wasn't since he never took a breath outside the womb. What do you think? I am adult enough to take the difference in opinion if there are any. I posted a picture of him on my blog if anyone wants to see him.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He was a baby, hun, and I'm so sorry for your loss. In my opinion, if they have a heartbeat, they're a baby. My mom had a still born and I know she said it was the hardest thing she's ever gone through in her entire life. That was 28 years ago and she said she still thinks about her all the time.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I believe that life just simply means a living thing. In the womb or not. I feel it begins with a hearbeat. So whether inside or out its still a life no matter what. Im so sorry that happened to you. That has always been one of my biggest fears and I admire that youre still going strong after such a devistating event. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i believe life begins at conception. You carrried that baby. To me iwould be atttactched no matter what stage he was. I was so lucky to give birth to 2 healtthy babies. but from day 1 and especially when i would fill the baby kick. i would sit and talk to them both. i didnt care what anyone said. I loved them.
    shorty00207450

Answer by shorty00207450 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i believe life begins at conception.
    wifeyschlegel

Answer by wifeyschlegel at 4:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I too believe life begins once their is a heartbeat around the 3rd week gestation.
    Anonymous

• I believe life begins at conception
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• At conception. You have a son. I would believe you and your husband will morn that son just like any other set of parents. You have my condolences.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• at conception. I'm so sorry for your loss!
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 4:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Thank you ladies for your support. I was really interested in how a loss like mine was perceived. I know some people just beleive I lost a pregnancy. I had a funeral for my son...he has a grave marker. He exists. I know science thinks of it a different way and in the eyes of the law he didn't exist.
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• CONCEPTION!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2009