Why is it so hard for many to accept that Islamic terrorists are now conducting smaller scale terror attacks on American soil?

Other countries are not immune, why should we be?

This is not a debate about Fort Hood or the Arkansas event.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 4:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wasn't aware that people couldn't accept it.
    Anonymous

• People are in such denial, aren't they? People I think have an easier time believing that 9/11 was a terrorist attack because of it's large-scale, but when minor occurances exist, it makes it a lot simpler to just brush it away as another person who went beserk. I think we should learn after 9/11, that anything can happen and that we should keep our eyes and ears open to any possibility of an attack whether large or small. We never thought 9/11 would happen, but it did..., so why can't anything else occur? I also think that a lot of people are just plain naive and that unless they actually experienced one of these jihadists first-hand, they just can't seem to believe that anybody would actually think that way. I wish the world was a wonderful place full of peaceful loving people, but it's not.. and these Jihadists will stoop to any means in order to kill us.. They see us as animals ready to be slaughtered...
    Anonymous

• We like to see the good in people. No matter how we yell and fuss, we believe that people are inherently good. It is hard for us to accept that someone would just target the innocent. That is why the suicide bombers just perplex us. We just can't get our heads around it. Even the cynics, deep down, believe in the good in people.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• OP--you mean like this 3 1/2 year old article article about soft targets?!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/05/AR2006050501754.html

I never thought it was out of the question!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Because the Muslims are just such a peace loving people. It's the Christians that are just oh so dangerous. *SIGH*
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Wow, where are all the people that are defending Islam from my other post??? I guess they don't know why it is so hard to accept.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• So are Christian American born & raised citizens.

Anonymous

• If it has nothing to do with Ft Hood or Arkansas, where are your examples? It's possible to believe the possibility exists and that Ft Hood is not an example of it. Like believing we need healthcare reform but the reform on the table is not it.
    Anonymous

• OP can you not understand the simply fact that not all Muslims are terrorists. Do you not know there are many,many practising Muslims from all over the world? They are peaceful  people who are living their American dream.

So are you saying that acts against Muslism in USA are OK ? Are you saying the Army did everything to stop him?

Anonymous

• I can accept that I just can not except signaling out all Islamics based on the actions of some!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 8, 2009