Have you ever had a doctor test you for something you KNEW you didn't have?

I went to the ER with a swollen knee about two years ago. It was so painful that I couldn't walk up and down stairs, I was out of work and everything. The ER doctor came in and said "Well, we'll have to test you for gonorrhea!" He then proceeded to ask me if I'd slept with anyone else other than my spouse (he was my boyfriend then) in the past year (which of course I hadn't). My husband then proceeded to drill me over and over and was quite mad that the doctor would even suggest such a thing.

Weird how it went from a swollen knee to...GONORRHEA!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've been tested, every pregnancy (4) for HIV, I've been married and monogamous for 11 years. This most recent one, I was tested for gonorrhea (last month). Apparently the Pediatrician's require it.
    Anonymous

• With this pregnancy I've been tested for STD's that I know I didnt have and some other weird problems that I know I didnt have.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I was tested for HIV and STDs for each pregnancy, even though my dh and I have been married for 11 years and were a couple since we were in our teens. It's as a precaution because I suppose there are plenty of people out there who think their partner is monogamous when he actually isn't. I never minded because it was for the best of the baby that they run the tests.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• i went to the doc because i wasnt having a period. i was tld i had hpv had a colpscopy ad everything was fine. i dont kno why she said if she disnt kno for sure. i cried for a week straight
    Anonymous

• the same thing happend to me! My hands were swollen and my knees and they wanted to test me for that! I told them that i had already had a pap and was tested for all that stuff (months ago) and had'nt been with any new partners and they still insisted and they still could'nt expain why i was swollen.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Wow lol...I went to the Gyno and they wanted to test me for STDs, seemingly normal...except when the lady said "We just like to test everyone who has tattoos." Because we all know tattoos automatically make you STD ridden right.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• That is funny. When I was a young 20 something I remember having to go to urgent care and the er. I had pneumonia or flu. I remember the doctors would always test me for pregnancy and chlomida. I started to wonder if I looked slutty or something because when they asked if I could be pg,I would tell them no.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 6:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• Oh yeah. I've been with my husband since I was 17, and I was tested for all STDs during each of my pregnancies, then again last month before I had surgery. And pregnancy test after pregnancy test, even though there was no possible way I was pregnant. My surgery was on a Tuesday, and even after a BLOOD pregnancy test the Friday before, they still had me take a urine pregnancy test right before the surgery. They wouldn't do the surgery without alllll of the testing. Even a chest x-ray and EKG. What a freaking waste.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:04 PM on Nov. 8, 2009