Has anyone filed unemployment due to bedrest and been approved?

I am currently employed and have been for 9o days but my doctor want to put me on bedrest. I really need cash to save for baby and bills. I want to apply for unemployment due to bedrest but I am wondering if I will be approved.

youngvisionary

Asked by youngvisionary at 5:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 90 days... it's not going to fly. You will not have enough built up.
    Anonymous

• Unemployment is for those who cant find work. If you have a mediacal reason to not be able to work then you need to file for disability.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 6:29 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I was released from my job back in August becuase of medical conditions... Unemployment denied me becuase my dr just recently put me on bed rest. Good luck, maybe they will let you get on it. luvbmomnwife- you don't just get disability because you're put on bed rest because of pregnancy. You have to have a permanent debilitating disorder.
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• I beg to differ with you. You do NOT have to have a permanent disability to get disability. I drew disability two separate times. My first pregnancy-I was on bedrest from 5 months until he was delivered. When I was 32 I had a stroke and spent 17 months learning to walk again with no aids. I drew disability for almost 2 years when my Dr. finally released me to go back to work. My BIL drew it for 5 yrs after a horrific work related car accident. He just went back to work a month ago. My Mom drew it for 9 months after falling and breaking her leg that required surgical repair.. To the OP..unfortunately, you may not qualify for disability because you have been employed by the company less than 6 months. It doesn't hurt to try though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2009